Sunday, June 3, 2012

This Week In Science #15 ; Milestone.

 This week in science we did the marshmallow challenge and we learned a lot of things since the first time we did it. Also we did our introduction video for next year. We did the marshmallow challenge, that we had done 3 times in the year. The challenge of the activity was that we couldn't talk to each other, I though it was going to be hard but it turned out to be pretty easy. We build it and since we knew what went wrong the time before we used that to build a better tower. We had an AH! moment when they gave us post notes and we knew we could use that to make the tower stronger.The day after we did the marshmallow challenge we did a video, introducing ourselves to our next years teacher. We had to first build a script and then recorded it. It was funny to record it because Nazia was next to me and people kept passing by and distracting me, but I eventually finished it.




This week in science we learned a lot things. Like when we did the marshmallow challenge for the 3rd time. We learned how to make the structure of the tower hold the marshmallow and stay up high, we realized that we had to make it stronger by making it thicker. We used everything we could to make it hold up and we improved a lot since the first time. It was fun to be in our old group and interesting too. When David first told us we couldn't talk the first time I thought it was going to be hard but I learnend that since we already knew each other in the group it was easy to communicate without speaking. Working in groups for me is kind of hard because I don't like when people i'm in a group with don't do their work but it was really nice going back to my first group. I think we work together good because we know each other very well and also we are dedicated and know when its time to play and time to work. I think thats how our group did so good in the marshmallow challenge because we understand each other and we know when its time to work. I think to get to the point of being able to be in a group and do all your work and get good grades is by at least liking the person your working with and to be professional and focused on what you're doing, not fooling around and thats something I learned from this experiment. I really like the marshmallow challenge and I hope we can do it again next year and I wonder of its going to be hard since we'll be with a lot of different people.




No comments:

Post a Comment